Wednesday, April 1, 2009

While Kevin's Away.....

Kevin is in Florida. Picking up Jose and his boys. Yes, after countess months, Pastor Jose is finally in the United States. I cannot tell you the relief when we found out that he was able to visit! We thought he'd come last week. He didn't and I take complete responsibility. Why? I commented several times, that I was glad that, if Kevin had to be gone for several days, that at least it would be over spring break. Guess what...THIS week is spring break. All 5 kids. 24/7.

We've been busy. Yesterday, I took all 5 kids to see a movie. By MYSELF! Because I'm an idiot. Because that's the kind of mom I am. We saw "Monsters vs. Aliens." Very cute. And everyone was happy as long as the food lasted!

Today a friend from church helped me to take the kids to the Cincinnati Museum Center. We had a lot of fun. Although, sadly, Gracie is kind of getting too old for the Children's Museum. And Ella is too young for much of the Natural History Museum. So is Risi.

According to the kids, one of the highlights of today was lunch! LOL! We ate in the huge rotunda area. And they had ground hog. At least that is what Charis called it. (By the way, it was corn dogs, not ground hog!)

8 comments:

Mommakitten said...

Groundhog I <3 it!!

Andrea said...

So glad to hear that Jose is in the US. Very excited about Saturday's concert!!

Angie said...

As far as I'm concerned, it might as well have been ground hog! LOL I would eat one about as soon as I would eat the other.

So glad Pastor Jose is coming!! I know you are so excited after everything you've all been through.

Dawn said...

What a relief to know that Jose is finally here!! Praise the Lord!

ROFLOL about the ground hog! That is too funny!

lamamachina said...

What happiness that your friend has arrived. Does Jose speak English?

rednk-n-eurp said...

we miss that place. when i ask the boys what they miss from the U.S. they say the Museum Center. I think Jake just might be with Grace soon. If not out grown it, he's done it 1,000 times already. Been debating whether we should get a pass again. Sure was fun while it lasted.

Anita said...

You brave woman/momma you are!!! All 5 to a movie? Goodness...not this lady. And ya should have had ground hog on ground hog's day!! LOL!!!

Debra said...

How Funny! Sounds like you guys have had some fun days. I know it is exhausting, but you are a great Mama. I love your kids!
Debra