Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Taking Over My Soul
Dark, thick clouds surround me.
In the sky
and in my mind.
Pressing down, threatening
Filling my eyes
and filling my spirit
And yet, if I peer our.
Peer out through the clouds
Peer out into eternity
I can see it shining clearly.
A light out of the darkness.
steady, warm
bright, strong
A candle burning
a shaft of hope
cutting through despair
A beam of love
The Son's scarred hand reaching to me.
Clearing the sky
and clearing my mind.
Lifting and encouraging
Filling the sky
and filling my eyes
Peace sets in, comforting me,
Taking over the air
and taking over my soul.

3 comments:

Kate said...

That is beautiful...who wrote that?

erin richardson said...

I'd be willing to bet it's Tonni's. I like how you use space in the poem ... I can't ever seem to make it work in mine. I like the honesty and the openness of the poem. It's a beautiful thing! (I have forgone my lurking days.) And I so have the cutest husband, I'm sorry. We'll just have to agree to disagree, I suppose.

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

I love the whole use of space in poetry, but blogger wouldn't let me do it quiet like I wanted it to.