Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Son


My son is just the coolest little guy. He has a heart of gold.  He is sensitive and super sweet, yet doesn't hesitate to stand up for himself when he feels he's being taken advantage of.  He's surrounded by 4 sisters.  Two older and two younger.  He handles it really well, although sometimes he is heard to voice displeasure with the situation, "Dad, I am tired of playing with my sisters," he says.  (We haven't found any boys his age in the neighborhood yet.

He is way too smart.  Today he informed his hot Sunday School teacher that the word JOY is alphabetical.  Hadn't really thought about it, but he is right.  I haven't told him or the girls this, but the school called asking if we wanted him moved up to second grade.  Nope! Yes, he is a couple of grade levels about first grade, but he fits in beautifully socially.  Moving him up could change that.  It could make middle school really difficult on him, so he stays in first grade, reading 3rd and 4th grade level books, working on the 5th grade word list and going to the gifted math program.  At home he is learning Spanish.

We watch the Biggest Loser on Tuesday nights together.  After the first episode he asked me how many calories in milk.  I told him.  Then he asked how many calories in water.  I told him.  He told me, "I will have water because I don't want to be on the Biggest Loser."

Recently, he has been working out on the wii to the Biggest Loser. He comes upstairs panting and saying, "Bob really killed me with that workout! See how skinny I am!"

He is addicted to the computer.  And he is good on it.  I do have to keep an eye on him because he has discovered Google.  We are on safe search of course, but you never know.  He loves Google Earth.

At the bus stop, no matter where he is in line, when the bus comes, he drops out of line and gives me a hug, putting himself at the end of the line. EVERY DAY!

What a great little guy I have.  He never fails to make me smile.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

He is a great kid!!!

SocRMum1 said...

I have to agree...he really is just about the coolest little boy I've ever known. Loved it when you guys were here last month and you laughed when Rick called him "Larry" mentioning no one had done that since you'd moved and without skipping a best he pops up with "And I was perfectly okay with that." :) He's such a hilariously sweet little guy!

Stacey said...

Wow Tonni! That is one cool little boy you've got! Reminds me a little of my Clay :-) (the smart part)