Wednesday, December 19, 2007

a reluctant model


One Monday, Olivia was playing hide and seek with her siblings and a friend of mine. Her hand was accidentally shut in a closet door. I'll spare you the details, but at the top of the pinky finger she had an "amputation with complications." The complications being that the bone was chipped and there is a bone fragment floating around in there. The pinky was not completely severed. It has been sewn on and she will see a doctor on Friday to make sure it is healing correctly. She didn't want to have her picture taken, but I know many of you are curious about the extent to the wrapping of her hand.

Oh, did I mention Charis's ear ache and the three barfing siblings????
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Her bandage is much better than what I had. They wrapped my hand over what looked like this half spoon to keep a bend in my hand. I felt silly but if I had needed a spoon I was prepared.

Hope all is going well.

Dawn said...

Oh my word!!! I'm just glad that she's ok. Praying that fridays appoitment goes well and she is healing just fine!!

Hugs girl, you have got your hands full right now!!!

Kate said...

Sounds like Momma needs CALGON to take her away!!!!

Oldqueen44 said...

Yikes...That sounds really gross. I hope the finger heals properly. I sawed my index finger with the power saw a couple years agao. The whole pad was hanging by one little piece. It looks almost normal now. The recovering skin turned black and hard but once that was gone the skin was fine. I don't have normal feeling in it but it works the way fingers are supposed to.