Thursday, August 20, 2009

Josiah's eye and first days of school 2009

It is hard to see, but Josiah has 5 stitches in his left eyebrow from falling down the stairs. Lots of bruises, too. The stitches come out tomorrow morning.

Grace and Olivia on their first day of school, Gracie is in 5th and Olivia is in 2nd. When did they get so big.

Don't ya love the matching outfits? I wonder how long they will think matching is cool?


Josiah and Charis leaving for their first day of Kindergarten. Charis was the only girl in her class today. There are only 12 girls in the whole Kindergarten class, so each class will only have 4 girls and probably 12 boys! Aye, yi, yi!




They really were more excited than they look! They are in separate classes, but guess who they played with at recess today???



6 comments:

KK said...

ouch!

Kari said...

I am laughing right now-so glad that I read your post this morning! I also dress our 10 year-old and soon-to-be 5 year-old alike sometimes myself. Just this week, I was asking myself the same question...I wonder how long Cassidy (our older daughter) will put up with this? Also, ironically enough, our youngest is dealing with an eye injury as well-no stitches, but a fall against a piece of furniture this weekend yielded a black eye. Yikes! I'm hoping it will fade by the time she starts preschool (after Labor Day). Never a dull moment when you have kids, yes? ;-)

a Tonggu Momma said...

Wow... YOU'VE had an exciting week, haven't you? Hope Josiah isn't in any pain and that Charis learns to deal well amid a crowd of boys. Happy first week of school.

Debra said...

How exciting! I love the girls dressed alike, and LOVE their backpacks!

Our 7 Blessings from God said...

What an exciting week!! School starting and stitches:) Love the girl's matching outfits... too cute!! You know me, I love to dress my kids in matching outfits:) Enjoy your quite time while the big kids are in school!

Stacey said...

I think Josiah looks a lot like Kevin. Too funny that Josiah and Charis played with each other at recess. Guess it's nice to have someone else you know on the playground!