Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thankful Thursday

I am so thankful today for the prayers of my friends. In two weeks and two days I am going on my first mission trip with 20 others. I am a combination of excited and anxious. I know the trip will be wonderful, but I am having pangs about leaving my 5 monkeys at home. I am so grateful for my friends who will be providing care for my kids and for those covering me with prayer. The Fellowship of the Forgiven is AMAZING!!

I am a part of the fellowship of the FORGIVEN.
I have Holy Spirit Power.
The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line.
The decision has been made.
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense,
and my future is secure.
I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planing, smoothe knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, mundane talking, chintzy giving and dwarfed goals.
My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven,
my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few,
my Guide is reliable and my mission is clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away,
turned back, diluted, or delayed.
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the eneny, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, back up, let up or shut up until I've preached up, prayed up, paid up, stored up and stayed up for the cause of Christ.
Im a disciple of Jesus Christ. I must go intil He returns, give until I drop, preach until all know and work until He comes.
And when He comes to get His own,
He will have no problem recognizing me.
My colors will be clear!
"I am not ashamed of the Gospel,
because it is the power of God for the salvation of
everyone who believes"


5 comments:

erin richardson said...

Can she get an amen?

Ashley said...

Ok ... first off, I am new to your blog. Just found you through Hunan Spice (mommy spice). Second - your family is absolutely beautiful ... what a gift from God. Third -- AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! Love it!! I'll be praying for your upcoming mission trip ... how exciting. God is going to do amazing things!

Denise said...

Beautiful thankful list.

Lori said...

Have a great time on your mission trip. That all sounds so exciting!!!

Hopeful Spirit said...

Amen!

Great post and hope the trip goes well! Also hope you are feeling better now. Sending you hugs for healing.