Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Community Dinner and Other Ramblings

Tonight at church, we are hosting our first Community Dinner. Just a chance for neighbors to come together and hang out while enjoying a free dinner. If you are in the area, come join us! Grace Church on Slane Ave. Starts at 5:30.

Charis went to the dermatologist yesterday. Big surprise, she has eczema! She is on an oral antihistamine and another ointment. Hopefully it will make a difference. The dr. said that her eczema is not allergy induced. It may go away on its own, it may not. ( I could have figured that out!)

Grace tried out for the Christmas play at school. She is so excited. She got a call back! Which means she'll probably get a singing role. She has a cold right now. Last night she put herself to bed early. Gotta rest the pipes, ya know!!

Ella also has the crud that Grace has. Poor baby. She is never this calm...is it bad to be glad she's calm? Not glad she's sick, just glad she is calm.

For the first time in 2 weeks, I woke up without a headache!!

I am down 18 pounds as of this Monday. Only 72 to go!! LOL

I have become addicted to f@cebook in the past couple of weeks!

Should I buy the Nikon D40 that I have sitting in an on-line cart?

7 comments:

Anita said...

WOW....ok where to start....poor babies are right...but YES be extremely glad she's calm, I would anyway..HA! PTL for NO HEADACHE!! and more PTLS for the 18 lbs. gone forever!! WOOHOO and way to go Tonni!! And you too on the F**ebook thing? It's fun isn't it? (more smiles). As for the Nikon D40, have ya checked out the Canon Rebel XSi...have several other friends who wouldn't trade theirs for anything and it's comparable to the Nikon...just a thought, but personally I'd say go for it if you can. I'm sure you won't regret it. Maybe early Christmas?

lamamachina said...

Lots going on up there!

Congrats on the weight loss! that's awesome.

about the camera, I have a D40. I like it but if I was you I'd splurge and go for a D300 or a D60/80 if you can't see spending that much.

Ada

Kate said...

WooHoo!!! 18 Pounds! YOU GO GIRL!!!! So happy you are headache-free today.

And- YES, YES, YES!!! Go get that Nikon D40! I love mine! Although, I want to upgrade to a Nikon 300. I have a lot of pennies to save for that one! Get it. You'll love it!

Thanks so much for your sweet email of congrats about our new journey!

Love ya girl!

Andrea said...

I am on facebook - come find me!

Anita said...

Me again.....It's PLAY time for the mommas....I've tagged you, so come on over and play....or are you still workin' on the bows? :)

Hilty Sprouts said...

Wow, great job on your weight! I'm glad you were headache free too. Sorry about the cruddy kiddos but I definitely know what you mean to be grateful for a calmer, snuggle bunny instead of a whirling dervish!
If you've got the means, I'd say go for the camera. I would!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

You might be able to find a camera on Craigslist for a good price. That is how I got almost all my gear.