Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Birthdays at the Jobe Abode



Normally when people say "poor Josiah" having all those sisters, I roll my eyes. "Poor Josiah" has his own room (the girls all share one.) His own clothes. Boy toys. In many ways, that Little Man has it pretty good. But yesterday was his birthday. And the girls wanted to put on a a show for him. Actually, they like any reason to put on a show. Now, I don't pretend to understand them, or their costuming choices, but here is the best I can do to show you how his sisters celebrated Josiah's birthday. You'll just have to pretend you can hear the soundtrack from HSM3, turned up loudly!!





(This is the dress Olivia wore in a wedding a few weeks ago. I think she has had it on at least once a day since then!)



(We really don't know why she is dressed like Jane Fonda in the 80s. If only we had leg warmers!)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Dawn said...

LOL!! That is WAYYYY TOO CUTE!!!
Happy Birthday little man! I hope it's a great day!

a Tonggu Momma said...

LOVE that last photo! I was thinking more along the lines of Flash Dance, but Jane Fonda is MUCH more apt. And the Tongginator has leg warmers. Wanna borrow them?

Melissa said...

What was Jane thinking when she wore that outfit to start with? I personally love the look of tights and a bathing suit or leotard. :-) Blackmail for graduation... LOL!

Melissa said...

Oh and I think Jobe Abode would make a great blog title...or title for a book if you ever decided to write one!!

Andrea said...

Oh girlfriend, you have to save that picture of Grace for when she starts dating! Ha! I can't believe Josiah is 5 - wow!

lamamachina said...

It looks like it was quite a spectacle!

I hope he had a really happy day.

Anita said...

LOVE the girls' creativity there!! Too funny about the Jane Fonda wardrobe. LOL! Jen asked me the other day if that's what was really worn back then to exercise and she cracked up when I told her YES!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Grace's outfit is...well...it's...uh...

Yep, that is definite ammunition a few years down the road. LOL

And I absolutely love how interested Josiah appears to be in the first picture.

You have the most entertaining kids in the world! :)