Friday, February 20, 2009

Depleted

Don't you just feel wiped out sometimes? That's where I am today. Hardly any energy to move. I don't want to do laundry, vacuum, make hair bows, exercise, dust, pick up after children, fight with children, organize one thing, make one bed. I just want to rest. Maybe even sleep. All day.

And I fight guilt for feeling this way. I'm SuperMom after all! I've got 5 kids to dress, feed, get out the door (okay only two of them leave,) entertain, pray for, etc.

And then I remember that God prescribed rest. You know, the whole Ten Commandments thing:

For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death.Exodus 31:14-16

I'm not so good at resting on the Sabbath. One of the perils of being the pastoral family. Actually I am not so good at resting, period.

But, I'm not God.....and HE rested.

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.Genesis 2:1-3

And Jesus, remember him?? Well, he offers us rest!

28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:25-27

You know what? I think I may just take him up on his offer today.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

YES, get some rest!!! Even supermoms need their rest!

I am still feeling that way today, but I think it must be part of whatever virus I have. I just don't have the energy to think, let alone accomplish anything!

Andrea said...

Rest is much needed!

Mommakitten said...

I needed to read this today Tonni, thank you.

Hilty Sprouts said...

I know exactly how you feel!

Anita said...

Some days are just like this and rest you must! :) Hope you enjoyed it and feel refreshed!

Our 7 Blessings from God said...

Thanks for reminding all us moms out there that Jesus tells us to come to Him and He will provide us much needed rest. I needed to hear that today!

Anonymous said...

AWWW! Thank you I needed to read this. I have been utterly depleted and love those verses for inspiration and rest. Thank you, glad to find your blog!