Wednesday, February 6, 2008

On the Mend

I think we are finally getting healthy! No fevers, no barfing. All good stuff! Now if it would stop raining! Wait! there is some sun sneaking through.

We got a visit with Paw Paw yesterday. He is up from Florida, doing something I don't understand and is flying back tomorrow.

It's Ash Wednesday. Kevin is at service at Sharonville. I am home with the kids. I am not a huge fan of Ash Wednesday services. Actually, I hate them. I always leave feeling so depressed...oh, you sinner!!! But in Christ we are no longer sinners. We are holy!! See below!

2To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:
1 Corinthians 1:2

But that is a whole other entry.....look for it in the days to come! And to the ladies in my Tuesday night study, stop laughing at me!!!!

4 comments:

erin richardson said...

Now why on EARTH would I stop laughing at you??? It's SO much fun, my friend!!

Cindy said...

Glad to know I'm not alone in my dislike of Ash Wednesday services.

The first and only one service I ever went to was way back in the day at Grace, when the prayer room was the chapel. Sue Ellen was the pastor and I just remember being scared out of my mind and then freaked out by the whole ashes thing.

I also had only being coming to church since Christmas so the vast majority of stuff made no sense to me.

But yeah...glad everyone is on the mend.

Tracy said...

It is such a comfort to hear of others who feel the same about Ash Wednesday services as I do....NOW GOOD FRIDAY services...you expect to feel very sad and depressed after...but it only has to last till sunday!!! Then everything is glorius!! I am not a huge fan of Maundy Thursday either...I have a huge foot phobia and can't stand for people to see my naked feet....feet reveal too many intimacies about people that should only be shared when PROPERLY introduced.

Dawn said...

We didn't make it to Ash Wednesday services either, I am SOO glad to hear I'm not alone. We only went once about 3 years ago and like you I was depressed for days! Its hard though because you feel like you "should" be there.

Glad to hear everyone is on the mend though, hopefully this was the LAST round for you guys!