Saturday, May 10, 2008

This Zoo We Call Home

You know, sometimes, it is hard to discipline my zoo without laughter. I was at the computer yesterday while Josiah, Charis and Elliana were working off energy running between the dining room table and the couch. If you've been in my house, you know that is not much space. Anyway, I look up to see them up on the BACK of the couch and Chairs looks very similar to this........






Just imagine my CURTAIN instead of the vine. Thankfully, Ris weighs nothing. Instead of pulling the rod out of the wall, it merely bent. I did my best "Sit Down!" in a mom's angry voice. Then went to the kitchen where Kevin and I just laughed! What else could we do!?!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

The best way to parent is to laugh (just don't let those little monkeys see you do it!!) To be so naive again to think that you could swing from the curtains......aaaahhhh....now THAT would be living!!!!

erin richardson said...

wow. all the things I have to look forward to?

Dawn said...

Oh my gosh, I think I would have lost it long before the "mean mommy voice" ever had a chance to show up......and of coarse there'd be an entire scrapbook page to commerate it. LOL

You know she and Em were both born in the year of the monkey, they need to live up to it!