Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas Prayers

As part of our Advent celebration this year, Kevin and I have decided NOT to send out Christmas cards....WHAT!?!....how can we celebrate the season without Christmas cards?? Aren't good Christians supposed to send out cards?

Now, I love Christmas cards, but I can't find any Biblical reference requiring them. So, here is what we have decided to do. I am contacting my Christmas card list to let them know that instead of receiving cards from the Jobe crew this year, they are going to receive prayer.

During Advent, we are going to sit down as a family and pray for each of the people that would normally get a card from us. And for lots that might not usually get a card. Here is what you need to do. Email Kevin or myself with any specific prayer requests that you might have this holiday season. It can be ANYTHING! Health concerns, praises, requests for friends and family members, prayers for those who do not know Jesus, for those completely stressed out by the holdiay season.

We don't even have to know you personally! Feel free to pass this on and we will pray for anyone who gets back to us! Just leave a comment to this post. You don't have to leave a name if you don't want to. We might not know your name, but God does!! Isn't that cool?

Lord,
I lift up to you right now, every person who reads this post. I pray your mercy and blessings on them. I pray that this Christmas season may be the beginning of a deeper relationship with you. I beg you, Jesus, to touch hearts. To create revival. To help us remember who YOU are.
In the name of the Risen King
Amen

29"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ." Mark 8:29

4 comments:

erin richardson said...

I think that's a great idea. I've been thinking a lot about the gift-giving thing. Hm. Thanks for your prayers. I'm praying for you, too.

Dawn said...

Such a wonderful idea!! Too bad my family wouldn't accept a prayer....even though they claim to be Christians, sad huh?!! I'd ask for prayers for them but I want to be selfish and ask for relief from Kaitlyn's headaches if you wouldn't mind!

Mommakitten said...

I am asking for you to pray for my strength, guidance for Kyle, patience for Adam, and our love to be divided equally between our beautiful little men, all 3 of them.

Cindy said...

Looks like this Christmas is changing for lots of people.

:)