Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thankful Thursday



I am so thankful that Jesus is not a wimp! Huh? Let me repeat....JESUS IS NOT A WIMP!! Yes, he loves us desperately. That is love...LOVE not LUV. It's not a soft, fuzzy, do whatever you want kind of love. It's a deep passionate, I want what is best for you kind of love.

So many times I hear people say they cannot stand up for themselves because they want to be a good Christian. I don't really remember anywhere in the Bible where Jesus was wimpy. I remember him toppling tables in the synagogue. Showing the pharisees the fallacy of their reasoning when they challenged him. I remember him asking the hard questions (Peter, do you love me?) and giving the hard answers (feed my sheep, sell all you own and follow me.)

Jesus doesn't call us to be nice, he calls us to be his. I am grateful that I am allowed to be strong in him. How do you see Jesus? Maybe this Advent season is a good time to research that for yourself.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful post! I, too, am thankful that Jesus wasn't a wimp. If He were, He wouldn't have gone to the cross.

Lori said...

This is soooo true, thank you for the great reminder. Why do I feel like flexing my muscles now, hehe =))

Have a great Thursday.

ellen b. said...

Wimp definately not! But He was kind. He is so amazing and what a wonderful time of year to focus even more on the truth of who He is and why He came! Blessings...

Unknown said...

Mom,

Amen, Sister, Amen!!!! Love this post!

http://unequalmarriage.typepad.com/

bp said...

Thanks for the thoughts. This is a great question and I will add it to my list of things I want to research.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the reminder. You have a nice blog. Enjoyed my visit here. Have a good weekend! God Bless!

erin richardson said...

Yes, yes, yes! On a slightly off-color note, a friend sent me a link a few days ago to a very humorous article called "The 9 Most Bad[butt] Bible Verses". Our God most certainly isn't a wimp. The God in the New Testament is the same God in the Old Testament, and when his anger burned, it literally burned (see 1 Kings 18:24, 38-40). So, yeah, Jesus isn't a wimp. He's fully God and full of power and he's chosen to use that power to love us in this crazy, beautiful way that changes us!