Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Thankful Thursday




10 If one falls down,

his friend can help him up.

But pity the man who falls

and has no one to help him up!

Ecc. 4:10

I am so thankful for my girl friends.

The ones that live next door to me.

The ones I see at church.

The ones with whom I study to better know our Abba Father

The ones who watch my children so I can breathe.

(not to mention cook and do my laundry!)

The ones who watch my children so we can have date night!

The ones who call so we can meet for coffee or dinner.

The ones I only know through the convenience of modern technology.

The ones I met in China.

The ones who call just to say 'I've been thinking of you. '

The ones who email me for prayers.

The ones that used to be students but are now friends.

The one I call 'sister', and my many sisters in Christ.

The one I call mother.

The sisters I have by marriage.

The mother I gained when I married.

The ones that I can complain to and the ones I listen to.

The ones I can call at any time day or night (and you know who you are.)

The one who doesn't even speak my language but seems to know my heart as well as I do.

I am so grateful for my girl friends!

12 comments:

erin richardson said...

I would make some predictably me comment about you not really posting Thankful Thursday on an actual Thursday, but --- but I'm far too touched by the collective sweetness that you're ladling out on all your girlfriends (like ... mmmm ... chicken soup or ice cream) to give you a hard time. It's like with Christmas: I have a hard time waiting to give out the presents. I am thankful for you, too.

Denise said...

Such a sweet post, bless you.

Lori said...

Me too, what a sweet post you have blessed me today.

Have a great day.

Crystal said...

What a great post, girlfriends are the best!
Thanks for sharing!
Blessings

Ms. Kathleen said...

God Bless You today and always! Hugs!

Nise' said...

Beautiful post! I am blessed to call my mother and daughter friends too! I love your WW picture. We had one of those who never.stopped.talking! We used to pay him $1.00 to just be quiet for 1 hour! Now at age 16, I have to bribe him to talk to me!

Dawn said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!

I'm also loving the new look (and without me, I'm IMPRESSED!!!)

Sorry its taking me so long!

Unknown said...

Girlfriends are the best! I think we need girlfriends so we don't drive our husbands crazy. My hubby has patience but I don't think he can handle all of my randomness and chit-chat. That's what girlfriends are for. Thanks so much for sharing!

Kate said...

Tonni,

I can speak for all your girl friends....we are the ones who are blessed to know and love you!

{{HUGS}}

Kate

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful post. Girlfriends are great! I love having friends to share my life with. Have a good day. God Bless!

Mary said...

You are blessed to have so many friends. That is truly precious. Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your weekend.

Unknown said...

Hi,

I am just able to carve out time now to visit your TT post. I am so glad I visited. Wonderful list. Thank you for sharing your praise! Love and hugs, Lynn

P.S Girlfriends are the best!

http://unequalmarriage.typepad.com/