Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Ramblings....

It would be easy to be depressed today. It is cloudy, again. My house is a mess, still. I'm still tired from Sunday night. Josiah was up sick until after 2:00. I am not losing weight. ARGH! I have a ton of laundry to do. Elliana is screaming at me that she "still hungry!" I won't bore you with how much she has eaten today. We found out that our dear friend's visa is not going to come through in time for him to be here for Christmas. Another close friend of mine has been sick for weeks and the doctors can't seem to figure out the problem.

A lot of little things and a few big things. The perfect recipe for me to have a really difficult day.

And yet, I'm okay.

And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is his name.”- Luke 1:46-47,49

Scholars believe Mary was very young, a girl in her early teens. She knew the stigma in her society that came with being an unwed mother. She hadn't talked to Joseph yet. She didn't know if he would still marry her or not. In fact "Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly." Matthew 2:10

And yet, Mary praised the Lord.

Wow. I sure don't do that like I should. When it gets tough...praise? That's hard to do when I am whining! Paul tells us 16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. " 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18. That's another tough one.

But being full of joy doesn't mean being happy and smiley all of the time. It means knowing the joy that can only come from God. The joy of knowing you are saved through the blood of Jesus Christ. Sometimes, for me, that is a very quiet kind of joy, and I have to work really hard to find it. Pray in the good times and the bad. ALL THE TIME!! CONTINUALLY!!! And give thanks, IN all circumstances. I am so glad that doesn't say FOR all circumstances. No matter what is going on, I know that God is still God. He is still in control and he will do what ever is best for me to serve him, to glorify him!


Mary's Song

46And Mary said:
"My soul glorifies the Lord

47and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,

48for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,

49for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
holy is his name.

50His mercy extends to those who fear him,
from generation to generation.
51He has performed mighty deeds with his arm;

he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.

52He has brought down rulers from their thrones
but has lifted up the humble.

53He has filled the hungry with good things
but has sent the rich away empty.

54He has helped his servant Israel,
remembering to be merciful

55to Abraham and his descendants forever,
even as he said to our fathers."
Luke 1:46-55

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Ok, that is the second time in 48 hours I have heard these exact words, I guess I need to stop my whining and find my joy again.
Thanks for the reminder!

CC said...

HUGS!! And you are right. It is humbling what we whine about in comparison to what could be going on...

Anita said...

AMEN and AMEN! :)

Kate said...

You are so very right. I have told myself throughout this season...REMAIN HUMBLE!!!

Oh, dear friend, you really must come a visit me! I've said it for years! In the meantime, here's a virtual {{HUG}} from me to you!

Love ya!

CC said...

We'd love a card!

email me at cdcmail at gmail