Monday, January 5, 2009

Meal Planning!

Last night, Kevin and I looked at our expenditure for 2008. We are doing okay. We figured out we spent less on groceries per month in 2008 than we did in 2007. Pretty good, but I'ld like to cut it waaaaay, back so I am starting to really plan meals. This week's goal is to cook only what I have in the house. No extra grocery trips. I was blessed to find I had a lot of meat in the house. I need a ton of protein because of my surgery. (thank you, Erin! You rock!)

So, here is what the Jobe clan is eating this week.

Monday:
Lunch: Ramen noodles, crackers, peaches
Dinner: London broil, corn, potatoes

Tuesday:
Lunch: Grilled cheese, tomato soup
Dinner: left overs (chicken and noodles, beef and noodles, broccoli)

Wednesday:
Lunch: Macaroni & cheese, carrots and dip
Dinner: Pasta bake, corn muffins.

Thursday:
Lunch: Chicken noodle soup, applesauce, crackers
Dinner: Hamburgers, chicken nuggets, fries or veggie

Friday
Lunch: PBJ, pretzels, applesauce
Dinner Grilled chicken, rice, and broccoli

Saturday
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Pizza and salad at church event

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Looks like a yummy plan! I need to get more organized when it comes to meals. We usually just eat what ever, whenever. I don't start to think about dinner until 4pm sometimes so that makes a stressful dinner when you have to run to the store to get whatever and come home and cook it after that.

Melissa said...

Wow! I'm in awe... I've never done a plan. I mean, we plan lunches for the kids during school because Cam always takes cold, Anna and Ju like some of the hot lunches offered by the school, so they are allowed to pick out 1 a week that they want. Other than that, dinner is whatever I can find. We have a lot go to waste because I buy it and no one eats it. We need a PLAN! :-)

Tracy said...

Looks like a good plan...good for you Tonni!! Once you get back into the groove for meal planning it will be second nature!!! I couldn't do it without my meal plans!

Kate said...

London Broil tonight? What time is dinner? :)

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

LOL 6:00! You are more than welcome! (I got a good sale right before Christmas....)

Our 7 Blessings from God said...

Great meal plans! I really need to do that more. We butcher a steer, so don't buy much meat- but it's frozen so you have to think ahead a bit. Jon is much better at that than me:)

Sharon said...

It all sounds yummy! We are planning our meals out now too and I've found that I am buying a lot less so far. (When I can stick to my list!)

It sure makes things easier when you know have a plan.