Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Affects of a Hurricane

First of all, let me say, I NEVER EVER in my whole live long life, expected my children, in southern Ohio, to have 2 days off of school due to a hurricane!! And everything here still seems so normal! We never lost power, just internet and phone. The internet is back......my link to adults!!

My hubby, who is also off of school, is working at the church....which has no power....sure, he's working....I think he is just escaping the children. Sigh....wish I had a dark, cold, old church to hide out in!

Oh, but I haven't mentioned the worst thing. PBS is GONE!!!!!!!!!!! I can only imagine that the station has yet to regain power. My children are starting to go into withdraw. No Arthur, no Clifford, no Sid the Science Kid! (okay they are missing Caillou, but I am not. We refer to him as Cai-yuck around here!) No, in answer to Nanny's questions, no shakes....yet., but they are starting to perspire a bit.


Arthur, where are you???? I miss you!!!!

3 comments:

lamamachina said...

welcome to my world!
we were out of power for four weeks after Wilma!

the funny thing is that when I was a kid, hurricanes went by and we didn't lose power. I guess it's progress?

Hang in there, it will be back soon.

If the kids start misbehaving, give them a cold shower.

Ada

Dawn said...

Crazy isn't it?? We are up in Northern Illinois and we got 6 inches of rain dumped on us from the hurricane. Really crazy!!

I guess we are lucky in that we get 2 PBS stations, one from Chicago and one from Champaign IL. We are never too far from our favorites.

a Tonggu Momma said...

We don't watch Cai-yuck. I feel you there!!!! I don't have your e-mail, so I had to pop over to say that (hanging head in shame) no, I did not bring the laundry upstairs yet. I'm secretly hoping that the Husband, who reads the blog daily, will take pity on me. Am I terrible or what?

Oh, and if you share your e-mail with blog stalkers, send one to me at tonggumomma(at)gmail(dot)com