Saturday, September 19, 2009

If You Want to Make God Laugh....

Tell him your plans!!

I had such grandiose plans of what things I would get done once school started. You know, four kids in school all day. The baby in preschool four half days a week. Wow, time to do what I want to do! And that is when God started laughing!

My attic is still a train wreck. I haven't even vacuumed the upstairs! The bathroom floors still need scrubbed. Clothes still need switched over from summer to fall/winter. The ugly wall paper still needs to come off of the upstairs bathroom. The border in the dining room still needs taken off and replaced. I still need to find cheap bedding for our bedroom. And the list goes on and on.

Why? Well, I was blessed with three hair bow parties in the end of August. One of which was huge! And I am still not done making the bows ordered there, although I am close. AND someone has been sick ever since school started, minus a day or two here and there. Ella had a stomach virus that lasted a week. Then less than a week later, most of the rest of us had it, including Ella who had her second bout. My migraines have been out of control. I have started a new Sunday school class for third through sixth graders. (I'll post about that later, I found a great resource on knowing what is in the Bible, how it is structured, who wrote what, etc....)

Have I mentioned how crazy it is to try to keep up with homework for all five kids? Yes, even the preschooler comes home with homework. So three of the kids have it every night. So I have to make sure it gets done. Sign behavior sheets and homework planners. Make sure Grace works on her multiplication fact. Listen to Olivia read for 15 minutes (which includes an additional five to ten minutes for whining.) Help Charis with her alphabet.

Oh, did I mention laundry for seven? And meals?

And did I mention I am babysitting a precious little one two days a week?

It's all good, but, WOW, I am not getting much done...

3 comments:

KK said...

Sounds like you are getting a LOT done, just not what was on your list!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I'm so with you on this one. Other mommas tried to warn me that the hours between 3:30 and 8 PM were going to be VERY busy, but I just didn't understand. And I only have one! Then again, this virus and asthma thing I've got going on doesn't help either.

Andrea said...

Yep, the downside of them being gone all day, is all of the work they bring home for the evening. Don't stress out, just think, one thing at a time.