Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Happy Birthday, dear Elliana Names Part IV or is it Part V?


My baby is 4 today!! I cannot believe how big she is. (And I guess I can't use her as an excuse and say this is baby weight I am carrying!!)
Anyway, Ella's name kind of morphed from what Josiah would have been called had he been a girl. We'd have called him Ella Katherine. Not for any particular reasion except we loved the name. Josiah was only 5 months old when I found out I was expecting. I have really rough pregnancies; I don't know if I was more scared to tell my ob/gyn that I was pregnant after he said, "no more babies!" or to call my mom. Honestly I was scared to be pregnant again. But, as always, God knows best, and I cannot imagine my life without my Ella-bella.
Elliana means 'God has promised.' And He has and He is faithful. Notice the lian in Elliana. You might remember from yesterday that Olivia's middle name is Lian. So there is a little bit of Olivia and Grace in Elliana. God has promised grace! Get it???
Elliana's middle name is Karen. Just as Grace has Kevin's mother's name, Ella has my mom's name. My mom is an amazing lady. I'll have to tell you more about her sometime...
Happy Birthday Elliana Karen..........

5 comments:

Dawn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Elliana!!!! You are growing up sooo fast!

Oh and don't worry about the "baby weight" I carried mine until Kait was 12 and then I blamed it on Em, especially since I gained more with her paper pregnancy than both of my biological pregnancies.

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

LOL! I lost weight while waiting for Olivia. A bunch of us on the May01 group did WW together. With Charis, I gained AFTER she got home!!

Anita said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Elliana!! LOVE the name...especially since I have a Kaylin Mei Lian (from her orphanage name) and my name means Grace too!! How cool is that one! :) God is amazing how He puts it all together.

Our 7 Blessings from God said...

Happy Birthday Elliana!! I didn't know her middle name was Karen:) Cool!

Hilty Sprouts said...

What a cutie! I can't get over her blond ringlets!