Saturday, March 14, 2009

Names Part.....oh I give up, this is the last one

Isn't this a funny picture of Charis. She is such a funny kid. Either the happiest child on the planet or screaming. She loves to perform. It's kind of like raising Robin Williams. Her character changes every few minutes. Just hyterical.

Okay, Charis (which we pronounce Ka-Rees) is the original Greek word for GRACE. Get it? All of the girls have some form of 'grace' in their names. Kevin actualy came up with Charis's name. We usually call her Risi (Reesie) or Reese Cup.

Her middle name is Xiao-Xing (yes, her middle name actually starts with X and it looks kind of cool when we have to fill out forms.) Xiao-Xing is Mandarin for "Morning Star." Which is Kevin's favorite name for Christ in the Old Testament. I wonder if she'll ever be able to spell it? I am not even going to attempt to write it phonetically. If you want to know, you'll have to ask me.

So there are my kids and where their names come from.


And a special thank you to Kathy and Dawn for showing me how to do this!

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Charis sounds sooooo much like EmmaLi, she too is a performer and can change moods on a dime!

You think Xiao Xing is hard....try Xiao Zhuang EmmaLi can't say it, she says her name is EmmaLi Faith Show (with the ow like the ou in ouch) shung. Yeah, not even close baby girl! LOL

The crossing out stuff can be fun!

lamamachina said...

All your kids are beautiful and blessed to have such a wonderful mommy!

Andrea said...

I've always said when Risi looks at you, it's like she's looking into your soul. She is beautiful!

alainaw30 said...

I'm going to take a stab and say "Show *rhymes with how* Sheeng"

Am I close?

My best friend named her daughter Charis...they pronounce it "Carr-iss"...it's a great name no matter how you say it.

I love the "Morning Star" thing...awesome!

Alaina

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Close! The X has that weird ZH kind of sound.

a Tonggu Momma said...

I have LOVED all of these... names are pretty important in our family, too. Probably because I wound up with such a wacky, mom "just made it up" kind of name. I wanted the Tongginator's name to MEAN something.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous child and great name.

CC said...

Love your name choices!!! And thank you for the phonetic spelling of Charis. ;)

Holly said...

Tonni!
Will you teach me how to cross out words like that?
Love the kids' names!
Holly
(you can send me a note on FB if you have time!!)