Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I Hate This Movie!!



My neighbor very generously lent us her copy of the movie ET. I have always hated this movie. I hated it as a kid when I went to see it in the theater. I have a vague recollection of having to go see it because my sister wanted to. But that could be wrong. I hated it this summer when a friend lent her copy to my kids because they LOVED it! (eek) I was not crushed when our reliable old VCR died so we couldn't borrow that copy anymore. How sad I was to realize that the neighbors had it...sigh....on DVD.


I just find the whole thing really creepy. He looks squishy. He has no hair. Kind of reminds me of a hot dog. A squishy wrinkly yucky hot dog, with gross eyes, a freakishly skinny and long neck and it talks! Yuck! It's chest lights up and it's fingers. And they are all hugging on it like it is a sweet little teddy bear. It just gives me the willies! (Is that a word.)


So, I got to spend some uninterrupted time reading my Bible today while my preschoolers were mesmerized by a hotdogish alien......did I mention, YUCK?

3 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

But... but... it's Eliot!!!! This is my childhood you're criticizing. Sniff.

Mommakitten said...

I like hot dogs :)

Melissa said...

Ok, I semi-liked it as a kid...Elliot was a cutie and I always thought I'd name a son after him. LOL! I watch it as an adult and get bummed that Drew Barrymore turned out the way she did. I'm bummed that E.T. goes "home" and well, it's lost some of that magic for me.

Anna's on a Mary Poppins kick lately and we also love Nanny McPhee...