Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween a few days late


Here's the neighborhood! These are my kidds and the girls who live on either side of us. Poor Josiah, look at all of the girls.

On Halloween, Kevin stayed home and passed out candy. My friend, Linda, and her sweet puppy came along to help me out with the crew. We had a really good time, and the kids came home with way too much candy! I am grateful for daylight savings time. It was light for half of Trickor Treat. Much safer. And the high school kids tended to stay away while it was light. I must admit we were one of THOSE families. We ran out of candy early. The horror!! Crazy we had 200 pieces! So we had to turn off the lights and hide inside!

But, one funny story. One of the houses we visited had the yard all decorated. I really try to avoid the gruesome ones. But this yard had a fenced off area with some figures. Inside one little structure there was this green man. Think of the guy from the Adams Family. Uncle Fester. He wasn't doing anything when we walked up and all of the kids were chatting on about 'the green man.' We got our candy, said thank you. By the time we left the creepy guy was lifting his head off of his neck and then replacing it. Kinda gross but no biggie. No one was too frightened. Except maybe the puppy who was growling at him.

But Miss Risi kept talking about 'the green man.' The whole time we were Trick or Treating this went on. After we were done and back home, the kids were in pajamas. Ris was sitting on my friend's lap talking about that green guy. Suddenly she was telling Linda how she kissed the green man. "You kissed the green man?" Linda asked. "NO!" replied Risi. "YOU kissed the green man!!" That is her story and she is sticking to it! The imagination of that child is incredible!! Wish my batteries hadn't died in my camera! Or I'd show you that green guy! Linda can do much better!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Cute Pics! Love the new look.

Dawn said...

What a sweet trick or treat crew!!

Fun story too!

Hilty Sprouts said...

Too cute! I had Spidey and The Little Mermaid at my house! It was so funny because my son kept telling everyone very seriously, "I spiderman", as if they would never guess.

Jennifer

Mommakitten said...

Better late than never. I still have not posted a Halloween post... I guess I should get on that huh?

lamamachina said...

OMG! I love Halloween pictures!

cute, cute, cute

Ada