Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday



I am so thankful that God loves me all of the time. Especially on those days when I am not feeling so loveable. You know how those days go. Feeling kind of down, kind of grumpy. Having a bad hair. Zits and age spots at the same time. The kids are yelling at each other. When I ask what's going on they yell at me, and then I yell at them not to yell at me. The house is trashed and I have no energy to pick it up. Piles of laundry and I really don't care.

But you know what? I have a day like that and God still loves me! He still sees me as his beautiful child. For this, I am truly, truly thankful!

The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:10-12

For more Thankful Thursday go to Grace Alone

8 comments:

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

It's all temporal. In thirty years, the kids will not remember how often you did the laundry. They will remember the love you showed them -- which flows from HIM!
Keep Looking UP and being truly thankful!
~esthermay

Melissa said...

Hey Lady,

I want you to know that I have those days too. You are never alone in feeling that way. Ask Dawn about my laundry room! I love you and that's what counts...having friends who know what it's all about when those days happen.

Hugs!
Melissa

Denise said...

Blessings to you sweetie.

Mindy said...

Oh my gosh this post made me laugh and cry at the same time! I have those days much more often than I care to admit, but if I can just remember that God's love is always there, somehow that is enough to triumph over laundry, zits and age spots!

as written by Barbara said...

It must be in the air. I love you.
And I'm so grateful God is there to love ALL of us unconditionally.
Barbara :-)

Dawn said...

Right there with you sweetie!!!

Hugs and prayers coming your way!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I think we all have those days. And, it is so sweet and comforting to know that God does love us all the time. When my children were very young we used to call those chocolate chip cookie nap days.

Tracy said...

Thank you for your post Tonni...and the reminder...that God Loves us no matter what...big hugs and prayers that today is a better day!!