Sunday, November 9, 2008

Testimony......

On Saturday, Kevin and I went to see Third Day (!) in concert with a couple of his former students. One of them had an amazing testimony. As it is not my story to tell, I will just say he was delivered from some pretty amazing demons and vices and is now amazingly in love with Jesus. Kevin, too, has an amazing testimony, of which I am a part, but it is his testimony.

Well, the amazing lady we were with, I'll call her Amanda, and I started talking. She was raised in a christian home and just always knew God. I, too, always knew God. I went to Sunday school as a child. As a teen, friends took me to church. Sometimes I wandered away, but God was never too far. I always knew that I was special to him and that he was guiding me.

So Amanda and I were talking about not having one 'amazing moment' when we were delivered from something and accepted Jesus, and how sometimes it almost makes you feel like a 'lesser christian' because you don't have this experience.

But the more I thought about it, the more grateful to God I am that I don't have that 'aha' moment. Because I wasn't addicted to drugs, alcohol, sex. I wasn't homeless. I wasn't terminally ill and then cured. I wasn't abused. I wasn't neglected. Thank you, Jesus, I was none of these things.

And I hope my children can say the same thing. That they were brought up knowing God and loving God. That he has always been real to them. I don't want them to have to go through something horrible in order to know our God and Savior.

They will still have a testimony, as I have a testimony. I have so many instances where God has worked miracles in my life and in the lives of those around me. And it doesn't make me any less of a christian, or any more of a christian for that matter. My God will use the story that he has given me to bring to him the people he has chosen. Isn't he just too cool??

2 comments:

Hilty Sprouts said...

That is awesome Tonni! I hope my kids can say that too.

Mommakitten said...

He is just way too cool. Thank you for sharing this Tonni.